Sunday, 24 April 2011

O Lente, Lente Currite Noctis Equi!



Good Morning Dear Friends

 
And welcome to Easter Sunday - and what better way to start the day than with a cup of tea and a dash of Ovid? Well, perhaps quite I lot I hear you thinking and wondering why on Earth I should choose to weave this particular thread on this beautiful Spring morning for - unless your Latin is as rusty and dog-like as mine own - you will have realised that the quote translates as " Oh, run slowly, slowly, horses of the night"

Well, of course the horses in question are those charged with pulling Time's chariot and are spoken by one spending but a brief time with his lover; today seems such a beautiful day and as I read those words (in The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood, incidentally) I was struck by their pertinence . . . each day and second is unique and should be valued and savoured and, as I seem to have written on a few occasions recently, I believe we spend too much time seeing purely our goals ahead and what we might achieve rather than looking at where we are and what we have in the moment . . . because, as another phrase will have it Omnia aliena sunt tempus tantum nostrum est - nothing is ours except time.

As I sit, in philosophical frame of mind it seems, the sounds of church bells from nearby All Saint's floats like thistledown through the open window of the study; the sky is robins-egg blue and the day stretches out like Sally in the sun, content merely to be which, after all, is everything.


I wish you all a wonderful day filled with happiness, joy and love

'til next time


Be Seeing You !









1 comment:

  1. perfect words that sum up the start to my day :)

    ReplyDelete