Friday, 11 March 2011

Read All About It!

Good Morning Dear Ones!

I literally have about two minutes before the madness begins and so, for those of you who spent yesterday  pot-holing in Patagonia and missed my shameless media-whoring, I shall very quickly recap that yours truly has won a prestigious writing prize sponsored by those lovely people at Isle of Jura Whisky!
Jura is where George Orwell wrote "1984" and my prize is to spend 1,984 minutes finishing a short story centred around the island. The short-story and winning entry in question is "The Maelstrom" which is a type of ghost story with a difference! 

For more details please pop along to my Myrtle House  blog and read the press release put together by the wonderful Stephanie of Weber Shandwick in Edinburgh.
The Myrtle House blog is a pre-launch version of the new website which will hopefully go live on March 21st!

Anyhow, off to attempt to become wonderfully handsome for a photo op with the local press - I am laughing as I type that!
I hope you all have a wonderful day!

'til next time


Be Seeing You !




2 comments:

  1. As I've said elsewhere – congratulations.

    But was this quite 'The Maelstrom' you had in mind, Ian? ;-)

    ReplyDelete