Friday, 3 December 2010

Listen! The Snow is Falling . . .

Good Evening my dear friends . . .

And a decidedly Wintery one it is too; as I write snow is falling and the chilliness is extreme  - pull your chair closer to the fire and take some tea . . . there may even be cake!

Today  - like the trains - was more or less cancelled! I was due to be in Bury for my clients but as I watched the weather worsen and the trains become more and more delayed and cancelled  on my PC ( what did we do before the web?), I decided that the game wasn't actually worth the candle and so contact was made and appointments re - booked . . .

So a day of some housework ensued and a smattering of light retail therapy and now, as I sit and notice the time and realise I have yet to eat properly,the day is nearly done  . . . Tomorrow I should be visiting the OD at the stately pile; she's been stuck in for a couple of days and if I don't visit her she will get even more "browned off" than she normally is with the weather . . . I shan't take Sally over though as I noticed today on our meanderings she seemed to be getting cramp or some kind of problem in her feet - no doubt due to the cold ( and her age but sshhh! don't tell her I said that!)

On a lighter and altogether more cheerful note tomorrow is the birthday of a dear friend of mine; I won't, of course, stoop so low as to embarrass her by mentioning her by name but Sandra has been so lovely and helpful to both Sal and myself and is a joy to know -  Sal asks me to mention that she even gives her biscuits sometimes - so a very happy birthday for tomorrow, my love, hope you have a great time and a good week off!

Despite my apparent lack of activity today I'm still feeling a tad below par in terms of energy; I think I may pour myself a cup of tea and then retire to my bed.  I hope that you all have a lovely peaceful nights sleep and that the weather tomorrow is to your liking and convenience . . .

'til next time


Be Seeing You !




1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your lovely birthday wishes , thank Sal to lol , we have doggie treats at the shop for sal and a couple of things put aside for yourself , I am back at the helm on Saturday the 11th with my partner in crime hahaha...see you soon love sandra x

    ReplyDelete