Saturday, 20 November 2010

A Guerden in the Garden . . .

Hello again and welcome to Saturday . . . a right blue and somewhat frosty one too it seems which suits me;  I do appreciate real weather as opposed to gloom and rainy gray, it's so much more appropriate for the season don't you think?

The usual plan for the first of the weekend is taking place today with a slight re-arrangement;  sister Cate is off to do shopping first in an out-of-town place and so we are meeting at the stately pile as opposed to Nero; this is something of a disappointment for me as I do really enjoy the Saturday morning tea and cake session - in fact, I may have to fly solo today but instead of the usual cheesecake  - or more recently a poppy and lemon muffin -  have an exquisite mince pie and a cup of green in line with the seasonal meteorology being exhibited . . . we shall see, if my day follows any kind of normalacy it will see me  on the last minute as usual, dashing forth to be the man on the Clapham omnibus or, as our Antipodean cousins would have it, the man on the Bondi tram . . .

Before all that I must attend to my wardrobe and toilette and that of my constant canine companion who, as I write, is snuffle-snoring under my duvet and leaving me a layer of freshly shedded hairs in which to wake tomorrow thus complimenting and completing my early morning silver-back gorilla look  . . . Thanks Sal you are a true fiend  . . . spelling mistake?  No, I don't think I've missed an "r" out . . .

And so a short break and a passage of time to allow me to become, on the surface at least, vaguely human and presentable . . . see you in a wee !

So here I am, back at the BPS  just in time for High Tea which actually consists this evening of some rather fine potato cakes and some Welsh butter . . . so lovely!  The afternoon at the stately pile sped by and now I seem to be settled in for the evening - and it's not even 5 o'clock yet! Ah how the years rampage and tear one's going-outness out of one! I have a couple of old friends I need to see before the festivities begin and I shall look them up in the forthcoming weeks but for tonight I could either watch a film  - dvd of course - or do the not inconsiderable amount of OU work that keeps trying to catch my eye as I sidle past studiously averting my glance  . . . I think, on the whole, the dvd will win hands down - oh fickle student!

As to the question "Art thou weary; art thou languid?"  I am indeed, like Stephen of Mar Saba,  often "sore distressed" (as I am  today) by the early morning din and racket caused by the inconsiderate in the community who deem a full blown argument at 1.30 am to be totally within the bounds of decency; I can function fairly well with sleeplessness until around this time in the late afternoon then I go all flopsy bunny . . .

So I think I may study the inside of my blepharol folds and ponder the mysteries of the universe for a while before the hard work of the evening begins proper . . . I hope you all have a wonderful evening, whatever you end up doing, and hope you can spare a thought for those less fortunate than yourself in terms of possessing a social life and maybe whisper your comments softly so as not to spoil the beauty of my sleep!


'til next time


Be Seeing you !


1 comment: