Saturday, 23 October 2010

Verbage from the Herbage . . .

Good afternoon my dear ones ~ have you had a pleasant day?

The weather today appears to be a tad tired; it is lacklustre and slightly out of sorts and gives the impression of edging towards the edge of the room, wishing it could discretely leave and be done of the whole business . . . Evening, sitting on a rather unfashionable and indeed uncomfortable brocade chair and waiting to be asked to join the dance, pronounces the tea tepid, the discourse desultory and and the company contemptuous . . . I, meanwhile, am ignoring convention and am away from it all, tramping through the fallen leaves with words for you whirling like their erstwhile brethren through my mind waiting to be swept and piled up in a forgotten corner where only hedgepigs wander . . .

I must admit the day has been a bit of an in-between one; neither flesh, fish, fowl nor good red herring really . . .

I met dear Sister Cate and we availed ourselves of Nero's hospitality, although not at our usual window seat I have to say, which somewhat upset my delicate sense of balance . . . whence to the stately pile to catch up with the gossip and court chit chat of the Old Duchess and from that place to one of despair and gloom - well, Sainsbury's actually.  Many moons ago, in the fair city of Norwich, I was a regular visitor of the aforementioned store and used to marvel at the delights displayed there for our delectation; similarly so in Warrington some years after that where, I recall, cheese and marmite on toast with Sainsbury's wholemeal bread was a firm favourite!  Now the store just seems dull and really quite expensive!  It doesn't have the range of Tesco, nor the delight of Waitrose, it just seems . . . dull!  So dull in fact that I am forced to use a triad of the same adjective, a tiresome trinity, a humdrum troika of insipidity, to even begin to adequately describe the total lack of presence present there . . . 

I managed to buy some new herbs for the kitchen, my current ones are leggy and past their best, poor loves, and then sat like a chained up puppy waiting for release from it all . . . ah me!  I shall be worshiping at the temple of the mighty Tesc in an hour or so where, one hopes, the comestibles will do more than make me yawn in apathy . . .

As, I fear, is this edition of the blog! I can positively hear the cracking jaw-bones as yawns threaten to circumnavigate the head and boredom and ennui seep like porridge into our boots - and I'm sure we all know just how unpleasant that can be!   I can feel a passage of time coming on . . . see? just below these words!

A Passage of Time


See?  I was right! There was a passage of time and at the other end of it it's just after 10pm and I'm putting the finishing touches to this epic   - I'm obviously not at both ends of the passage at the same time, except in a quantum sense that is, which could well explain my confusion . . . it's either physics, cloud-computing or another attack of the lurgy!

So apologies to you all if this missive isn't massive or of any great interest at all; I will try harder in future to be entertaining and wit personified but it isn't always easy, is it? I shall finish now and sit in silent contemplation for a while . . . remembering the thoughts and words and leaves and pages that came as I wondered through the trees in the late afternoon, way back at the start of this blog . . .

Autumn seems a silent time, as though the world knows what's about to happen and is somehow holding its breath in anticipation or dread; breathing in and holding until the breath freezes in your lungs and burns with the fire of ice and Winter is with us again.

'til next time


Be Seeing You !


2 comments:

  1. Sainsburys is totally overpriced and sides they have that yekky Jamie Oliver adverting for em. Love the blog as ever x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think winter is here , hats and gloves weather lol .

    ReplyDelete