Wednesday, 6 October 2010

To You With Love . . .

How are you all ?  It's somewhat late in the day to be asking I suppose but I have had a busy Wednesday and come to you directly from Ivy-land and the trundletrain to put this blog to bed before I can place myself there . . .

I had an idea tonight for the content based on an article I read - and disagreed with- this evening but on second thoughts I think it wise to keep the blog and myself positive and so instead I ask you to ponder on an anonymously authored phrase that I've always adored:

"Practice random beauty and senseless acts of love"

"So what does it mean and how can we do it?" I hear you cry across the ether; well, it sort of depends on your point of view but I think it's about practicing  tiny, non-profit making acts to people you may not even know, just to brighten their day . . . when I say profit I mean both in the sense of money but more importantly in the sense of ego; I think the hardest part of all this is to do something for the right reasons and not just to feel good about yourself. . .

So, for example, I publish this blog because I know it is the highpoint of your day and without it you would be bereft  . . . or to be a tad more accurate and honest, I publish it because it makes me feel good!  If someone says they enjoy it, I feel even better . . . so I'm doing this for me - if it affects you in a positive way it's more than likely accidental, although I do try my best to be positive and as wholesome as possible . . . well, sometimes . . .

Anyhow, in an effort to be less selfish I am actively encouraging you to do the above  . . . you never know, you may come to like it!

And so with apologies for this post being the epitome of the three B's  - it being boring, bland but mercifully brief - I shall bid you a fond farewell and a good night

'til next time


Be Seeing You !


3 comments:

  1. smile at everyone you see, it costs nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food for thought there IanMcL. Sounds rather Californian but that may not be a bad thing.

    Agree about smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your comments which I see as acts of random beauty and senseless love! ॐ

    ReplyDelete