Friday, 1 October 2010

No Escape from Night . . .

The very briefest of postcards from the edge today I'm afraid as Time - that old winged harpy - is, once again, against me . . .

First of all A very Happy 1st October; und dreimal weiße Kaninchen to you all!  It is now a month since I began this long days journey into trite and sadly, since the very enervating events of yesterday, I find myself in a less than celebratory mood . . . last night became more and more technologically futile as I battled against notebooks and pc's but mainly against myself until the wee small hours when I slunk (or should that be slank?) miserably off to bed . . .

All day is has rained and me on the edge of the moors - or at least I will be shortly, for today it is Bury day, although I must admit I feel less than keen to go . . . one of the biggest challenges for counsellors is being in the right frame of mind; I have to be in a calm and congruent state and banish all dull cares . . . easier said than done but then again, that's what I've spent the past four years training for so . . . it's Show Time, Folks!

I'll leave you with a short quote from Alun Lewis's poem, the title of which I twisted to begin the last paragraph and gives an apt illustration of the ease at which the black clouds can form and envelop us all:

"... those whom we
For years have loved, and will again
Tomorrow maybe love; but now it is the rain
Possesses us entirely, the twilight and the rain"

'til next time


Be Seeing You !

3 comments:

  1. Happy October 1st to you too and thank you for following my blog Lessons from the Monk I Married! Have a wonderful day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you remember to say white rabbits x 3?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You Katherine - I thought you were the opera singer for a moment! Your blog is great - thoroughly recommend it!

    Yes Dante - dreimal weiße Kaninchen means three times white rabbits Thanks for your comments and your sshhh! blog too! :)

    ReplyDelete