Saturday, 9 October 2010

Little Slices of Death . . .

Welcome, dear fellow inmates, to a rather dreary Saturday morning!

At five of the clock though dark the day seemed to hold some kind of promise; by seven the wind was awake and stirring but now, at a little after nine-thirty, the overall grayness of Stratus praecipitatio squats like huge buttocks promising little to look forward to but rain, rain and maybe a splash or two of rain . . .

So what does the day hold? In a wee while I'm meeting Sister Cate for Matins at Nero, whence to the stately pile of her Duchessness once more to try to keep a grip on the innumerable little 'jobs' that plague her in my absence and me in my presence . . .

I'm also a tad tardy in completing my first weeks Open Uni reading, especially as my second week has begun today . . . tut tut tut!  Not a good start!  However,it will be done on Earth as it is in Hebden as they say, and so I'm not too worried or concerned . . . next week is my first tutorial with Dr LB over in the land that time forgot which should be interesting . . . I think the problem I'm having with the reading - if problem it is - is that it's basically stuff I already know to some degree and therefore I speed read and then think " What was that?" and have to re-trace my steps . . . I've also not seemed to have two minutes together for a while - except when I'm writing this blog of course . . .

A passage of time . . .

Sorry about that brief interruption ~ well, quite a long one really as it is now close to eleven at night and the day is nearly done and so am I; tiredness closes my eyes like a solicitous undertaker before placing on them the pennies of the day that will be absorbed and relived as dreams . . . 
As you will be aware, if you were in similar environs to myself, the day became quite a blue sky and sunshine - filled one eventually and so my mood lifted and carried me through the afternoon with some ease. . . but the repeated early start coupled with my advanced years mean that now, on the entertainment night of the week,  I am once again away to the land of Nod!

I am aware that the last efforts in this place have been poor; for that I apologise and promise better to come

'til next time


Be Seeing You !


2 comments:

  1. nite dearest friend, sleep deep and sweet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw it's the Met Office who are to blame !

    ReplyDelete