Thursday, 21 October 2010

Absolve Animas Omnium Fidelium Defunctorum*

Hello Dear Friends and welcome to the wee small hours of Thursday . . .

I had returned from the Ivy - clads in a bitterly cold night on a chilly train and so thought I would have some hot soup - sweet potato and ginger actually, since you ask - the soup was duly downed and, as the warm glow seeped through me I became sleepy and snoozy as men of my age are apt to do, my bed began to whisper sweet nothings into my willing ear . . . I was soon enveloped in the duvet downiness when, like a bucket of ice-cold water, the thought hit me: I had not posted my blog! 

What would my dear darling dependents do without their daily dose of dubious diatribe?  Besides rest easy and probably not give a fig, that is . . .

So here I am, fleece be-decked and sitting at my PC  writing just for you . . . no, there's no need to feel ashamed of your neediness, Papa understands - he may resent you for it - but he does understand!  Anyhow, the idea is just to write you a small apologia and then return to my rest as I am, basically, asleep on my feet . . .


'til next time


Be Seeing You !


 

* Forgive the souls of all the faithful departed

No comments:

Post a Comment