Saturday, 11 September 2010

The Up - Keep Tonight will be for the Collection of the Harmonium . . .

Welcome back, dear friends!  And here it seems, at last,  is the weekend . . .

I've been having a few thoughts about the blog and if any changes could be made to make it better - "write something intelligible" I hear you cry with one voice and, yes, that could be an option, although I am rather encumbered by the thought processes I possess so that could be a bit of a big one for Santa to pull out of his sack, as it were . . .

One idea I had - actually on the bus trolling across the borough to pay my usual Saturday visit to the old Duchess -  was to do a sort of "Thought of the Day" page; you know the idea, a pretty picture and a pithy comment, although I do fear that I am turning into an echo of "The People's Friend" one of the old D's favourite publications with a similar column named "From the Manse Window" . . . the pattering of tiny feats of wisdom seems a somewhat peculiarly Scots thing; I remember many moons ago in Aberdeen ( "A City for Lovers" can you imagine?) there was a particular church with a poster which was changed every so often and which was proudly entitled "The Wayside Pulpit" . . . my favourite posting has stayed with me to this day  " I know God exists - I spoke to him this morning" Wonderful -  and not at all delusional!

So that's one possibility; although as the words and pictures would have to be my creation it does sort of mean that even more time will be spent writing this drivel than already is . . . Hmmm!  Anyhow, as this is a free and democratic blog ( What? Since when?) I shall fling my balls neatly into your tiny court shoe and ask you to submit thoughts for an all new singing and dancing visual experience . . . that should keep you quiet until supper, shouldn't it children?

And so the day has passed from deluge to divine as the clouds now resemble white fluffy meringues on, it has to be said, a rather blue coloured but none the less infinitely edible cheesecake . . . and I am reminded of the lovely scene in "Amelie" when, as a child, she is taking photographs of the clouds and you see them through her eyes; rabbits, teddy bears . . . What? You haven't seen possibly the most beautiful film ever made?  Shame on you, you little scamps! Fie and away to HMV and part with a measly £4 and have the most enjoyable cinematic experience for a long, long time . . . What? Yes, it does have subtitles -  Oh do stop tutting at the back! Try it please, if not for my sake, for the very good of your soul . . .

Talking of time ( who was?) it is fast approaching that part of the day when I am Sold to the Highest Buddha ( Thank you Daevid!) in the sequestered aisles of Mammon otherwise known as Tesco  . . . interestingly enough I just checked the spelling of that as I had it as "mamon" and discovered that with one "m" in Mexican slang, it means something like "insolent little douchebag" - There! aren't you pleased you carried on reading now?

And so I shall leave you to your revelries and let you stumble into the Heart of Saturday Night . . . so be good little tinkers and


'til next time

Be  Seeing You !

No comments:

Post a Comment