Thursday, 2 September 2010

Later, that evening . . .

 . . . with a breath of Autumn on the air and beneath a sky filled with starfish, the final few grainy moments of the day trickle through my fingers to join all the others beached on the strand of my life . . .

I spent some time this evening flying around this world courtesy of noughts and ones masquerading as reality,  looking at all the places I have lived and spent my days  in the past . . . I even went as far back in time and space as finding the street where I was conceived long ago in days of black and white; not that I was a candidate for Christliness in terms of homelessness and stables etc but, being unable to remember exactly which number the flat was, I had to settle simply for the High St in the same seaside town as Mr Cheeseman's family home . . .

It was a bit of a tradition on my other blog to offer tantalizing ( or not as the case may be) snippets such as the above as competition questions with sumptuous prizes for the lucky winner . . . I wonder if this is a tradition worth applying the paddles to and reviving? That, Dear Reader, is your decision . . .


I await your comments with breath as keenly held as a pearl diver though I remain your poor old Captain Landlocked for the foreseeable future . . . Why not pop your thoughts in a bottle, sling it over the side and let me know how you would like this blog to be shaped?

'til then, from this ancient mariner on the midwatch in the rime coated crow's nest of the night,

Be seeing you!

No comments:

Post a Comment