Thursday, 16 September 2010

Keep Looking Over Your Shoulder To See What Is There . . .

Good Evening People!

A very short blogsplot this eve as yours truly feels somewhat  under the clouds and is sitting, duvet draped and shivery, passing on his words of wisdom, what a hero!

I remind my self of Alistair Sim in Scrooge, wrapped in his tatty old clothes when Jacob Marley comes to visit: "You're nothing but an undigested bit of meat, blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese . . . there's more of gravy than of grave about you, whatever you are!" Fantastic lines and a superb film . . . and that has led me to think of Phantasmagoria by Lewis Carol 

"Oh when I was a Little Ghost, 
A merry time had we; 
Each seated on our favourite post, 
We'd chomp and chaw the buttered toast,
They gave us for our tea!"

I actually used one some of the words from the first Canto ( there are seven in all) in my blog a few days ago; a marvellously sumptuous prize for the first correct person to email me* with a successful answer or even a remotely accurate guess!  

For those of you who would like to read this very wonderful poem may I suggest a visit to http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/651 where you can download it (and other books and poems) for free in zillions of formats including Kindle and the like as well as good old fashioned plain text.

Tomorrow looms with another jaunty trip to Bury and, after that, the glory that is Wales as I mentioned previously . . . there have been no attempts to translate the Welsh homework yet; you really are wicked scamps!

However, punishment will not be meted out just yet; you have won a short reprieve as I am away to my sickbed and the tender caresses of green tea on my throat, paracetamol on my head and your huge and overwhelming love on my soul;  I am, indeed, in good hands!

'til next time

Be Seeing You!

* I shall attempt to include my email address on my profile - if not please add your answers as comments   ॐ

2 comments: