Tuesday, 14 September 2010

Here's the bridge; now we just need a river . . . *

Good Morning good people and welcome to another wet and windy day - well, up here in t'North at least . . .

I am waiting for the whistle from the kitchen that tells me it's time for tea and toast - I refer to my kettle, of course, not some slavey being careless with a carpet broom - and have a quick look at the BBC news page . . . always a mistake!  

I see from reports that OfSted have decided that there aren't really so many children with special educational needs; it's just that they need "better teaching and pastoral care" . . . One wonders when teachers will finally recognise the fact that they actually know what they are doing and tell the bureaucrats to stop meddling in affairs they know absolutely less than nothing about!  Oh, and the policy of 'inclusion'  - that is, not having separate schools for SEN children - is likely to be reversed . . . how can anyone be expected to do their job properly when the modus operandi is constantly being changed? In some respects the teachers are at fault for not standing up to the Government ever!  Can you imagine doctors being told how to diagnose patents ?  

As dear old Albert E=MC² once said " All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field"

Enough of such stuff as nightmares are made on and let's look forward to the day and what it holds in store . . .

On a scientific front, I can confirm that James Watt certainly had a point when he said that to boil water one should apply some heat . . . thought my kettle was taking an inordinate amount of time . . . that's what reading the news does for you!   However, I am saved from further musing on Kenneth Baker's legacy by the simply delicious delights of Dalfours Orange and Ginger marmalade and a cup of Twining's Morning Detox - thoroughly recommend it!

And so, sticky fingered but happy, I look forward to . . . well, more work really; today is my Verdun in so much as I certainly have a battle on the finish this assignment within the word count; though I hope I can refute General Robert Nivelle's: Ils ne passeront pas ("They shall not pass") with a 80% or so . . . and that, dear readers, is probably that; dull as the weather and infinitely less reliable . . . so, with that in mind and the possibility of another post when I get sick of staring at the screen in a bovine stupor, I shall say


'til next time

Be Seeing You !


* Inspired by "Politicians are the same all over; they promise to build a bridge even where there is no river."        Nikita Khrushchev


No comments:

Post a Comment