Thursday, 2 September 2010

Good Morning !

 . . .and welcome to another blue-sky-clad day which is getting to be a bit of a habit for September and, I must admit, for me . . .

For those amongst you who may be unfamiliar with my ramblings about the various aspects of my existence that I bundle and trundle Mother-Courage-like through this passage of time laughingly referred to as my life, I should say that I normally be-splatter these blogs of mine with images and tales; and I see no reason to deviate from that norm (as they used to say in Sums) and so today's offering is a delightful portrait of my companion on this epic journey the Famous Sally Dog.
Sal is something of an Patterdale Terrier (having a dubious daddy) and somewhat of an enigma in that she is the sole possessor of black-and-tanness in her family; her brothers were all black-with-a-white-flash as is so often the case . . . 
 
She has a sweet temperament - unless you are involved with postal deliveries - and has a penchant for carrots. She has a range of favourite playthings (which, sad to say, don't last very long due to the terrierness of herself) including Ducky, a pig called Gargoyle and a very long, mustard yellow dog with a large grin and the superb sobriquet of Mr Cresswell.
She was born on 31st May 2005 and we have  lived together since she was 5 weeks old. Together we are an unusually common sight on the highways and byways of our home town where, despite public opinion, neither of us is ever on a lead.

If you have enjoyed this somewhat educational feature please comment and let me know - just over there,  to the upper right hand side, is an option to "follow" this blog - a function which will, I believe, send a ♡ warming little message to you whenever I update this mantlepiece  - fun, eh!

So have a lovely day and may it be filled with light and love . . . 

'til next time

Be seeing you !

3 comments:

  1. Sal always looks soooooo innocent !

    ReplyDelete
  2. His stare is semi hypnotic.

    http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete