Tuesday, 21 September 2010

Awe bleteþ after lomb . . . Lhouþ after calue cu. . .

Evening All and welcome to the last few minutes of Summer 2010 !  You can tell it's still summer by the way that the rain only wets you instead of freezing and stinging you at one and the same time . . .

So, despite the title of today's offering,  tomorrow will be Autumn; I love the seasons;  I love the changes they bring about and the traditions that run through them all ~ as anyone who has had the misfortune to listen to me for any length of time will testify I really should have been born and lived my life in one of the Ladybird " What to look for in Spring . . . Summer" etc series of books; they still sit on my shelf and remain some of my very favourite books ever!

I especially like those with illustrations by CF Tunnicliffe who also painted birds really well . . . I've often wanted to paint but possess no talent whatsoever in that field; I shall have to make do with mere words and we all know what they are worth in comparison to a picture . . .

So Autumn is nearly upon us; the hedgerows are heavy with berries  and according to the ancient saws that normally foretells of a harsh Winter . . . brrr! Actually, I like Winter too! I love all the seasons especially when they perform as expected . . .

Tomorrow I am doing a couple of unexpected running repairs on Dr T's pied à terre before guests arrive in the evening to take a look at Roxy the cat and her kitten Slick; new homes are sought and the new prospective parents face a grueling time before they are considered!  They will, however be eating lentil soup as opposed to gruel  ~ you can only take a thing so far! Along with those there is also the small matter of like mother like daughter PC issues with an old lap top that really, were it equine, would be staring imminent disposal in the face!

And that is about it really; the back is still causing me anguish but in terms of what some people have to suffer it is, of course, a mere bagatelle  . . . and so with thoughts for them and for you, wherever you are and whoever your dreams contain I'll say


'til next time


Be Seeing You


No comments:

Post a Comment